If you are suffering from a personal injury, you know how painful and debilitating it can be. Personal injuries can deteriorate your quality of life, hampering you from performing basic chores like walking, working, dressing, exercising, and more. At Westmoreland Chiropractic & Rehab Associates, serving Greensburg and Export, PA, we provide natural treatment methods for personal injuries. Here are some commonly asked questions about personal injuries.
What Are Personal Injuries?
Personal injuries can be sustained in the workplace, auto accidents, sports activities, and even at the hands of an assailant. Personal injuries cause pain, discomfort, and limited mobility.
How Do Personal Injuries Manifest?
The symptoms of personal injuries vary based on the condition. For instance, personal injuries like whiplash may result in dizziness, neck pain, blurred vision, and headaches. A slip or fall in the workplace or at home may cause a herniated disc that leads to lower back pain. Similarly, a personal injury that compresses the spinal nerves may cause tingling or numbness in the arms and legs.
What Are the Common Types of Personal Injuries?
Since accidents can happen at home, in the workplace, and on the roads, the danger of personal injuries is never far from us. Thankfully, if you are suffering from a personal injury, you can get relief with chiropractic care. The most common personal injuries our chiropractor treats include:
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
- Herniated discs
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Neck, shoulder, and back pain
- Tendons, muscles, and ligaments strains
- Joint pains
- Hip or shoulder pain
After an accident, bruises and cuts are more obvious and are easily treatable. However, musculoskeletal injuries are not always apparent and may lead to future health complications. For instance, a whiplash injury can exhibit symptoms days and weeks after the impact. However, seeking treatment from our chiropractor, even when there are no visible injuries, can help pinpoint hidden injuries, avoiding long-term health complications.
How Does Our Chiropractor Treat Personal Injuries?
Chiropractic care uses natural methods to treat personal injuries. Our experts don’t use surgeries or medications, which often come with side effects. When you visit our chiropractor for your personal injury, we will create a personalized treatment plan using one or a combination of the below methods:
- Chiropractic adjustments: These help remove misalignments by repositioning your joints. This alignment reduces pain and restores your full range of motion. A spinal adjustment can be performed by hand, or its variation can be done using a mechanical instrument (activator technique).
- Massage therapy: This helps reduce tension in the muscles. It’s ideal for soft tissue injuries as it promotes blood circulation, triggering self-healing.
- Corrective exercises: Stretching and strengthening exercises will improve your range of motion and speed up your recovery process.
Schedule an Appointment for Personal Injury Treatment
If you are suffering from a personal injury, we can help. At Westmoreland Chiropractic & Rehab Associates, serving Greensburg and Export, PA, our chiropractor provides natural treatment methods to alleviate pain and help your body heal. Call us today to schedule an appointment.